Friday Favorites, with a completely superfluous prologue

The thing is, I am a complainer by nature. You may or may not have deduced this by now. This blog is actually not an extension of 90% of what goes through my head. It’s an attempt to celebrate the other 10%: when things go well, OR when things don’t go as planned but are still hilarious or heartwarming or memorable. In doing so, I hope to make the percentage of awesomeness I see in the world increase.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it’s hard, because we live in an imperfect world. Bad things happen to good people, we make mistakes, lose our tempers, forget to make dinner, blah blah blah. And such has been this week for me.

And so now I bring to you my Friday Favorites, a list which is infinitely more interesting than the list of things I’ve hated this week.

1. Oh, Tom’s, you are wearing me down.

2. Mary Bullock’s new trick:
Me: Mary Bullock, what does a monkey say?
MB: ah ah ah ah ah ah ah!
It is not at all surprising to me that the first animal sound that Mary Bullock learned is the monkey. ENTIRELY APROPOS.

3. The Zac Brown Band Pandora station. Also, the random iValentine station which has shown up on my iphone this week. [But the iValentine station is admittedly not as good when you think you’re listening to the Zac Brown station and all the sudden Peter Gabriel comes on.]

4. The Charleston Vintage Clock from Pottery Barn:

 
 
I’m not going to go ahead and classify this as a need,  but it’s solidly on the would make my life better list.
5. The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Parmigiana

She calls this her go-to meal, while I call this a production. Chop garlic? Whoozie whatsie? But it was totally worth it, as Lee called it my “best dinner ever.” [And for someone whose “go-to” is shake-n-bake, I suppose it probably is!] Which is good because we’re having it again tonight.

That’s it for this week. I’ll hopefully be back with a Valentine’s post soon. I finally finished Mary Bullock’s Valentine earlier this week, now we just have to finish her Valentines for her baby friends. If I can finish them with fewer than 3 trips to the store, I’ll consider it a success!

Happy Weekend!

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Friday Favorites, with a completely superfluous prologue

  1. and i love how a baby says what a monkey says:) Liam called his Bla-bla monkey "ah-ah" for a very very long time 'til he could say "monkey"….enjoy the little things…they keep us sane. đŸ™‚

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s